- Our Doctors
- Our Specialities
- Anesthesiology & Pain Management
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Critical Care
- Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Emergency and Trauma
- Endocrinology and Metabolic Disease
- Family Medicine
- General and Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Medicine
- GI Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopy and Gastro Oncosurgery
- Head and Neck Oncology
- Heart and Lung Transplant
- Laboratory Medicine
- Key Procedures
- Our Hospitals
- International Patient
- Contact us
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CVTS)
The Meitra Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery specialty of the Center for Excellence of Heart and Vascular Care provides quality care to treat severe and complex cardiovascular diseases that affect people of all ages through innovative surgical techniques. Our team of experienced cardiac surgeons perform every type of cardiac surgery including elective or emergency for valvular heart disease, heart failure, coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, and arrhythmias. They are experts in performing complex procedures including, heart transplantation, heart valve surgery, beating heart and redo operations, implantation of ventricular assist devices, coronary artery bypass surgery, and percutaneous procedures.
Our cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons are on the leading edge of treating cardiovascular and cardiothoracic conditions, using the latest innovations, such as minimally invasive heart surgery. Our coordinated team approach ensures your reports are available quickly, appointments are scheduled in coordination, and multiple experts discuss the best approach based on your needs. What might take months elsewhere, can often be completed within a few days here.
തുടിക്കുന്ന ഹൃദയങ്ങളില് 5000 ശസ്ത്രക്രിയകള്; ഡോ. മുരളി പി വെട്ടത്ത് സംസാരിക്കുന്നു
Conditions and Treatments
Uncompromised healthcare services. Always.
Meet Our Doctors
Experienced medical professionals for a superior patient experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will I be in the hospital?
The average length of stay of our cardiac surgery patients is 5-7 days. Your actual length of stay may vary depending on your vital signs, lab work, dietary, and activity.
What can I do to ease back into my daily routine?
You'll likely be anxious to get back to your daily routine after heart surgery, but you must be patient and allow your body to heal and recover. Here are a few steps to follow to enable better recovery:
- Follow your health provider’s recommendations: This is particularly important for resuming activities such as lifting heavy objects and driving.
- Listen to your body: If you tire easily or feel pressure or pain during an activity, stop. Pushing yourself too hard increases the risk of injury or complications.
- Lifestyle: Eating a heart-healthy diet, being active, reducing your stress, getting enough sleep and avoiding smoking and alcohol, are all important lifestyle choices that will help you heal and get back to your daily routine.
What diagnostic tests can I expect before a CABG procedure?
Your doctor might order several tests before your CABG procedure. These may include blood tests, EKG, echocardiogram, chest x-ray, cardiac catheterization, and angiography.